- Don’t move wardrobes, drawers etc. while full, you can break them. Only fill them when they are in place and fully assembled
- Clothing and personal goods should be packed in strong secure cartons. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic.
- Where possible remove the legs from items of furniture e.g. bed bases, tables etc. to avoid damage and save space.
- Vacuum food crumbs from lounges to prevent attracting vermin.
- Furniture shouldn't be placed directly on the floor, use plastic or material to cushion heavy items.
- Stack chairs seat to seat with cloth or paper separating them.
- Place a cover over all furniture, especially sofa's, recliners and anything of value.
Glass and Breakables
- Wrap all breakable items separately in tissue or packing paper, box and ensure they are marked "Fragile". Pack breakables in sturdy boxes.
- Protect fragile items by wrapping them individually in packing paper (newsprint can be very messy and possibly stain).
- Place packing in the top and bottom of cartons for added protection.
- Place plates, saucers and bowls on their sides to prevent any breakage. Empty space should be filled with packing paper.
- Ensure you haven't stacked heavy items on top of cartons containing breakables.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard or proper picture/mirror cartons